The IPTV subscription buffering streaming freezes when your Wi-Fi encounters significant interference or when the IPTV provider network is congested. The second is a common problem with IPTV providers. Internet speeds between 5 and 9 Mbps are required for a regular HD video stream. The original package of Telfaza is 50 Mbps, suitable for online video streaming.
Here are steps you can take to begin the process of IPTV subscription buffering, freezing or stuttering video with your IPTV service:
- If your device is connected to a 2.4 signal, move it to 5.0.
- If you are downloading files or updating software, pause or stop the processes.
- Change the wireless channel on your router. For more information on wireless media, see our Wireless Guide.
- If multiple devices are connected to your wireless network, disconnect enough devices from your Wi-Fi while streaming.
- Power off your wireless router for five seconds, then turn it back on. This will force your router to use the Wi-Fi channel automatically with minimal interference.